Thursday, January 24, 2013

BBQ Post 401

1917 Plank Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22401


                Nestled in a trashy strip mall, in one of the seedier areas of Rt. 3 in Fredericksburg, hides BBQ Post 401. Inside the place is a lot nicer, very clean and decorated in vein of a Deep South BBQ joint.  The menu is simple but perfect for a bbq place; pulled pork, beef brisket, ribs, chicken, french fries, cole slaw and a few other sides.  Since I was just trying to grab a quick bite I ordered a pulled pork sandwich topped with cole slaw for around $5.  Within a couple minutes I had my sandwich, which was a beauty, stuffed with thick chunks of smoked pork with perfect pink smoke rings and topped with  nice thick cut yet still creamy cole slaw. I covered it in a mixture of two of their three BBQ sauces, white and tangy sweet tomato.  The other was a vinegar based sauce.  I was so pleasantly surprised to see a white bbq sauce, it is truly the first time I have ever seen it in a restaurant.  This sandwich was awesome, everything that you’d expect to find at a great bbq place. I was honestly blown away. The meat was tender and juicy while being perfectly smoked, the cole slaw was homemade and just how I like it and the mixture of the two sauces made the whole thing just downright AMAZING.

                If in Fredericksburg or just passing through stop by the BBQ Post 401 just a couple miles off of 95 and get a pulled pork sandwich. I promise that you’ll be glad that you did!



No comments:

Post a Comment