Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Traditionz Wings & Grill
3140 S Crater Rd
Ste B
Petersburg, VA 23805



                Traditionz Wings and Grill is attached to a gas station right on the corner of Wagner Road and Crater Road in Petersburg. I’ve wanted to check this place out for a while because I am kind of obsessed with chicken wings especially ones that come in flavors other than hot and mild.  I finally got my chance last Friday.
                Like I mentioned earlier Traditionz is tiny and is connected to a gas station on Crater Road. Inside there are maybe 5 tables max with little standing room. While it was small it was very clean and from the looks of it and by talking to the owner It is a strong supporter of the local community and gives back whenever and however it can. The day I went in they were having a school supply drive to the students in Petersburg and one corner of the already cramped place was packed with school supplies. I really love seeing places giving back and helping the community.
                The day I went in was hectic, the phone was ringing off the hook, some Pepsi guys were taking out a huge cooler, they were filling a huge to go order and I saw a guy that I knew. With all of this going on I feel like I may have rushed to pick something that turned out to not be very good, chicken and waffles.  I know you are laughing to yourself but I’ve had chicken and waffles before and it was amazing. Sadly, it was not very good this time. 
                Because of the large to go order I had to wait for close to 20 minutes before my meal was ready and when it was it consisted of three boney and overly seasoned chicken wings and the saddest, most chewy waffle ever.  The wings had no sauce on them but were coated with a dry seasoning that would have been good if there was not so dang much of it.  They were also dry and practically void of any meat whatsoever.  I’ve cooked better chicken wings in the microwave.  As bad as the chicken wings were the waffle was five times worse. It was spongy, chewy and lacked any flavor except for the clumps of powdered sugar that sat on top of it looking like crack rocks. 
                I love chicken wings but I was extremely unimpressed by Traditionz. I was really hoping that they would have some awesome chicken wings and maybe they do and maybe their flavors are out of this world but the meal I had was one of the worst I've had since I began this blog.  Go to Traditionz if you want but DO NOT get the chicken and waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment