Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Glory Days’ Pittsburgher Sandwich

6151 Harbourside Drive
Midlothian, VA 23112

http://www.glorydaysgrill.com/#

Pittsburgher Sandwich-



Glory Days Restaurant-




            I know Glory Days is sort of a chain; but I’m pretty sure that it is only in Virginia, D.C, and Maryland so I feel it is still small enough to review. Plus they have the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten.  The Sandwich is speak of is the Pittsburgher.  If it were not for this sandwich I would most likely never go back to Glory Days. It’s ok, but it is really just like any other sports bar and since I’m not really into sports I couldn’t care less about the place if it were not for the Pittsburgher. 

            Glory Days stole the idea for this sandwich from the iconic Primanti sandwich in Pittsburg, PA which you can see on just about any food show on food Network or the Travel Channel. It is lucky for us that they did because even though the sandwich is one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten it’s still probably not worth an eight hour drive to Pennsylvania.  Glory Days’ Pittsburgher is piled high with tender corned beef and pastrami that are grilled and then topped with melted Swiss cheese, seasoned fries and their signature creamy coleslaw. To say that this sandwich is good, great or even fantastic is an understatement. It is honest the best, most delicious sandwich I have ever eaten.

            They start off with a hefty sesame seed roll. They then pile on a huge portion of perfectly grilled corned beef and pastrami cover with Swiss cheese. Next they load it up with a heaping handful their fresh cut exquisitely seasoned French fries fried to crispy perfection. Finally they top it off with their creamy and crunchy thick cut cole slaw and served with a pickle your choice of side and creamy Thousand Island dressing.  All of these salty, sweet and savory flavors play perfectly off of each other and make for one outrageously awesome sandwich that is definitely not for the faint of heart.  I can only imagine how many calories; fat and sodium are in this thing but My God is it delicious. I would not change a single thing about this sandwich even the price $10.29 is a pretty good deal for such a monstrous sandwich.   

            There are not enough accolades I can bestow upon this heavenly sandwich. I recommend that you go to Glory Days and get this sandwich. I really don’t care for the atmosphere of the place but their food, especially the Pittsburgher is extremely good. I’d sit on a bed of nails while getting bit by fire ants to eat this sandwich, it is literally that good, so I can take hanging out in an extremely tacky sports bar for a little while.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment