Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunshine Florist and Gifts

4902 Prince George Drive  
Prince George, VA 23875
(804) 452-1255

 


            Prince George does not have many restaurants and most of the ones we do have are not very good so when Sunshine Florist and Gifts opened a Café I was very excited to try it out but because of its hours I had to wait until I took off the Friday before my birthday to try it out.  Amanda and I walked in without knowing what to expect and were very pleasantly surprised. The tables were filled will police officers and other county residents except for one next to the window. Within a minute of sitting down our waitress was giving us menus and taking our drink orders.  The menu consisted of very reasonable priced sandwiches and salads ranging from build your own burgers with an impressive selection of toppings to choose from to their meatball sub. There are also daily specials and Friday’s is meatloaf which must be awesome because they were all sold out by the time we got there.

            Amanda ordered their club sandwich with macaroni salad and I ordered their Southwest burger which came wrapped in a tortilla with sour cream, salsa, Monterey Jack cheese and jalapenos with fries.  While we waited for our food we walked around to see what types of gifts they sell. They ranged from candles and cards to NASCAR memorabilia and a wide assortment of other knick-knacks.  All I know is that they have to make all of their money from flowers and food because the “gifts” were a little underwhelming but exactly what one would expect to find.  After about ten minutes of looking around our food was ready.

           
I was extremely impressed by my burger. It was cooked to a perfect medium and was loaded with salsa, sour cream and jalapenos.  The only disappointing part was that the shredded Monterey Jack cheese was not melted and the tortilla was a little too stiff.  The flavors of the burger were awesome. Everything went together well and I was extremely impressed by their creativity.  This is something that I will be trying at home. The fries were thick cut, which I usual hate because they are not crunchy but these ones were cooked exceptionally well and we nice and crunchy without being burnt.

Overall, Sunshine Florist and Café offered an excellent dining experience. The food was delicious and the hometown atmosphere was lovely. I just wish they stayed open later on weekdays so I can eat there more often. If you get the chance I strongly recommend stopping by Sunshine florist for a bite to eat. You will not be disappointed by the food, the prices, or the friendly staff. Hey, but your mom some flowers and a card while you’re at it, Mother’s Day is coming up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment